During cancer treatments, and also after overcoming the disease, it is common for the body to need an extra cleansing foods, antioxidants, and many times, the best way to eat them is in smoothies.
Some patients with tumors of the gastrointestinal tract or with cancers that have corrupted this benefit from the intake of food crushed in puree or smoothie.
Due to its properties, ingredients star in the smoothies are:
– Fruits: apple, lemon and pineapple.
– Vegetables: cucumber, beet, carrot, kale leaves and chard.
– Accompaniment: Ginger, garlic, basil leaves.
Then, collect 6 shakes per colors and loaded in nutrients to replenish energies can be obtained by grinding the food and in the quantities indicated:
- SMOOTHIE RED FRUIT, 1/2 glass of water or juice obtained by crushing an apple, 1 pear, 6 strawberries, 1 slice of watermelon and, optional, 1 slice of fresh ginger.
- SHAKE PURPLE VEGETABLE, 1/2 cup water, 1 beet medium sized, 1 apple, 2 carrots, 1 bunch of celery, and, optional, 1 slice of fresh ginger.
- GREEN SMOOTHIE JOINT,1/2 cup water, 1 small cucumber, 1 bunch of parsley, 1 lemon, ½ cup pineapple, chopped (80 g), ¼ of Golden apple and, optional, 2 celery sticks and 1 slice of fresh ginger.
- SHAKE BROWN COCOA, 1 banana, 1 yogurt, 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- Milkshake PINK MIXED, 1 fig and 1 plum fresh or dried, ½ apple, ¼ beet, peeled and grated, 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Milkshake PINK FRUIT, 6 strawberries, 1 glass of almond milk or 1 yogurt and 2 grams of ginger powder.
To any of the smoothies they could add some of the following fruits to enrich them even more in nutrients: ½ mango, ½ pear and/or 1 slice of pineapple.